Cash vs Accrual Accounting and Cygwin/X

Victor Chudnovsky vchudnov at mit.edu
Thu Jan 12 12:10:17 EST 2006

I do something similar with money I lend people, except that I have it
in a person-specific ¨Asset" account:
Assets:
   Bank
   Loans to John
   etc.
Etc.

Thus, if I write a $20 check to John, my bank balance decreases and my
"Loans to John" assets increase. My total assets stay the same (since
the $20 is still money that is rightfully mine), but by delving into
each account I can see how much is on hand (in the bank) and how much is
being held by others (loans).

Victor