Check printing

Simon Roberts thorpflyer at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 01:21:30 EST 2006

--- "Charles M. Gajan" <charlesgajan at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I needed to replace VersaCheck for the lines, route number, account
> number etc. What I did was create a template in openoffice.org draw
> (a little measuring and a little trial and error) and got the MICR
> font
> from GnuMICR at http://www.sandeen.net/GnuMICR/ and loaded it into
> openoffice.org. I even grabbed the bank logo from their website and
> used
> the GIMP to make the background transparent. Pretty simple, but this
> works ok for me. I can't get magnetic toner for my old ink jet
> printer,
> but the bank has honored all the checks. You might also check out
> freecheck at http://www.sandeen.net/freecheck/. It is a perl script I
> believe.

Aha, clearly the path was better trod, and more reasonable, than I
thought. I just came up with something on these lines, though I was
perhaps unwise in that I've created the template in writer (which
doesn't want to copy/paste/reposition all those little fields for me).

Thanks for suggesting this,
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz