Check printing

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 12 10:50:08 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 06:49:32PM -0800, Simon Roberts wrote:

| I want to print my own checks (cheques). Unfortunately, when I try
| this, the basic configuration of gnucash appears to be ready to "fill
| in" a check, rather than actually print the whole thing. I need to
| print the whole check, all the information: account number, bank
| address and details, route code, check number, the various lines, the
| text "Pay to the order of" and so forth. Basicly I buy totally blank
| check forms, and magnetic ink, and the rest is my own problem.

Is the registration on your printer very good?  If so then maybe
another approach would be to print the template first using some other
software and then run the paper back through the printer with gnucash
filling in the blanks.  If the printer isn't good enough (most if not
all consumer printers aren't) then the second pass won't line up close
enough to look professional, and might not even be sufficiently
readable.

-D

--
There are 10 types of people in the world:
those who understand binary, and those who do not.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org