Check printing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 12 13:11:21 EST 2006

Quoting Simon Roberts <thorpflyer at yahoo.com>:

> Looking briefly at the developer docs, I see the "native" data format
> is XML.

Don't assume that.  The data format is slated to change into something
else in a future release.  We do not guarantee that your data will get
stored in XML, so I suggest you not depend on it being XML.

> Any thoughts (indeed, to help me be lazy, any quick pointer to the XML
> schema, DTD, or whatever it is?--I'm still hunting that down :)

There is no GnuCash DTD..  The XML is hand-rolled.

> Thanks for your input all, hopefully I might pop up again in a few
> months with something vaguely useful. Who can say :)

You might consider a call-out instead of an integration -- where gnucash
calls out to some external process to create the checks..  Or you can
try to integrate it in..  Or you can write an export method to get
gnucash to export the data in your particular format...

Good Luck,

-derek

PS: you might want to move this over to the -devel list.  This is far
from user-oriented at this point, and is extremely developer-oriented.