Price Editor missing a few funds

Randall Hopper viznut at charter.net
Sun Jan 15 11:28:59 EST 2006

David Reiser:
 |On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Randall Hopper wrote:
 |>The price editor works well fetching quotes via Finance::Quote for most
 |>funds and stocks I've tried.  However, for a few, it strangely doesn't
 |>work at all:
 |I just added XOM to the commodities list, created an account for XOM,
 |and told the account properties dialog I wanted to get quotes for
 |XOM. Then I went the the Price Editor tool and told Gnucash to Get
 |Quotes. XOM came through fine.

Thanks David.  Checking the box in the Account Properties dialog was the
ticket.

It's been quite a while since I've added commodities with quotes, and it
wasn't intuitive that I needed to go toggle a bit on one or more
referencing accounts to fetch a commodity price in the price editor.
Perhaps this should be a commodity toggle.

One bug/feature I notice related to this (commodity quote enabling) is that
if you check the "Get Online Quotes" in multiple accounts which are vested
in the same fund, then you get multiple quotes for the same fund in the
price dialog.  For example, in two cases I have four instances of one fund
and two of another.  Just clutters up the list, but it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the help,

Randall