Price Editor missing a few funds

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 14 23:11:31 EST 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Randall Hopper wrote:

> The price editor works well fetching quotes via Finance::Quote for
> most
> funds and stocks I've tried.  However, for a few, it strangely
> doesn't work
> at all:
>
>     XOM   - Exxon Mobil
>     OTCFX - T Rowe Price Small Cap Stock
>     VWELX - Vanguard Wellington

I just added XOM to the commodities list, created an account for XOM,
and told the account properties dialog I wanted to get quotes for
XOM. Then I went the the Price Editor tool and told Gnucash to Get
Quotes. XOM came through fine.

If you don't get an error message after you click Get Quotes in the
price editor, then the price tool probably doesn't think it is
supposed to be looking for quotes for the symbol that is missing.

I'm using gnucash 1.8.11 and finance::quote 1.08 (+plus a few TIAA-
CREF tweaks). F::Q 1.11 was just released, so mine is pretty old.
> Randall
>
> P.S. gnucash 1.8.9 here
> <getquote>

David Reiser