Direct connection to bank in GNUcash 1.8.12?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 19 23:41:13 EST 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 2:57 AM, Carl G. Ponder wrote:

> David Reiser wrote:
>> I know that a couple people successfully added ofxdirectconnect
>> to  1.8.12, but it takes some manual tweaking of the aqbanking
>> (used to  be hcbi) data files.
>
> What packages do I need to install for the "ofxdirectconnect"? I've
> updated my "gnucash" to version 1.8.12, now that it's available for
> RHEL v. 3. I tried running the HCBI wizard but it killed "gnucash"
> as soon as it came up. I assume that I'm missing some packages, but
> the "gnucash" documentation didn't make it clear if there were other
> packages I need to install...

The documentation has been getting better. see:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/
Upgrade_from_1.8.9_to_1.8.10_and_HBCI_online_banking_support

That gets you part way there. If you can get the HBCI (I spelled it
wrong last time...) wizard started without it crashing gnucash,
that's a good sign. If it does work, try running:

/some/path/lib/aqbanking/plugins/0/wizards/aqofxconnect/aqofxconnect-
qt3-wizard to see if you can set up one of your accounts. "/some/
path" is whereever your installation starts putting the aqbanking files.

aqbanking is moving pretty rapidly, and the ofxdirectconnect is
getting some attention now, so you may want to wait a few weeks for
the much improved version.

As I said, I don't have directconnect working in any capacity on my
gnucash 1.8.11 installation, but it's shaping up well for gnucash 2
(and maybe even for >=1.8.10 ).
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net