Direct connection to bank in GNUcash 1.8.12?

Carl G. Ponder cponder at austin.ibm.com
Tue Jan 10 02:57:16 EST 2006

David Reiser wrote:

> I know that a couple people successfully added ofxdirectconnect to
> 1.8.12, but it takes some manual tweaking of the aqbanking (used to  be
> hcbi) data files.

What packages do I need to install for the "ofxdirectconnect"? I've
updated my "gnucash" to version 1.8.12, now that it's available for
RHEL v. 3. I tried running the HCBI wizard but it killed "gnucash"
as soon as it came up. I assume that I'm missing some packages, but
the "gnucash" documentation didn't make it clear if there were other
packages I need to install...