'Get online quotes' greyed out..

Jeremy Johnson jjsomewhere at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 12:02:51 EST 2006

OK, problem located. It's a bug, but probably not in
Gnucash.

When I installed Gnucash I also downloaded some
launcher Applescripts called XDroplets:
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~fuhrer/personal/freestuff/xdroplets/

When launching Gnucash via its xDroplet the
Finance::Quote fields in the stock editor window
remain greyed because Gnucash fails to find F::Q even
though it's properly installed. However when I launch
Gnucash from the Xterm command line everything works
fine. Somewhere along the line some variables/paths
are getting lost when using the Applescript droplet.
Problem solved.

Many thanks again for your assistance Derek & David.

Jeremy.

--- David Hampton