problem loading gnucash on colinux

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sat Jan 21 23:36:46 EST 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:00, bn wrote:
> (reposted to fix word-wrap)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm a linux-newbie/gnucash-wannabe running the gnome desktop under
> debian on colinux, having installed gnucash 1.8.10 using apt-get with
> no warnings or errors.  I've tried 'apt-get update', 'apt-get remove
> gnucash', 'apt-get install gnucash' several times, but to no avail.
>
> When I try to start gnucash, the splash screen appears and the loading
> messages run beneath, all the way thru to "Loading configs...", then
> the spalsh screen closes as if done but gnucash never appears.  There
> is no error message, and meanwhile the gnome system monitor shows a
> "wnck-applet" process during the splash screen which closes along with
> it, the gnucash process never appears.
>
> Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bahman

First thing is to start from a console or shell
I'm not sure how to get a shell in gnome, because i don't use it, and if you
don't know how, someone else will speak up.
in the shell at the $ type gnucash so it looks like this
liz at 4[~]$ gnucash
and press enter.
You will get some text output.
Copy and paste into an email to the list.
--
A good marriage would be between a blind wife and deaf husband.
		-- Michel de Montaigne