Applying Scheduled Payment Kills Program

Gregg Fowler greggfowler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:32:36 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 21:14 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 20:08 -0600, Gregg Fowler wrote:
> > times with the same result. Does anyone have any idea of where I might
> > find the conflict and a solution. As I said I am very new to Linux.
> > Any
> > help would be greatly appreciated. Scheduling my bills in this manner
> > is
> > the only thing that I must have to complete the transition.
>
> If you run the program from a console -- open up a Gnome Terminal (or
> xterm or what-have-you) and run gnucash (usually by simply typing
> "gnucash" at the prompt), what is output when the program crashes?

I wasn't running the terminal when it occurred, but I think I just
improperly entered the transaction causing a conflict as mentioned by
the other user. Thank you both. I quoted the other email also, but used
the wrong reply address to send with so the email got nabbed. Thanks for
both of you helping. I do find the debit and credit opposite of the way
I would think of things. Until I saw that debit was taking money in and
credit method sending out, I kept getting the transactions backwards for
a while. I think I have the hang of it now. Well, I least the basics of
what I need to get started.

Gregg