Scheduled transaction not getting enterred..

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Wed Jan 25 12:32:58 EST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:49:38 -0500
Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> wrote:

>     [...]
>
>     Dale> This has been mentioned on this list many times. You either
>     Dale> have to go in and manually fix them in the xml file or go to
>     Dale> backup before this happened and re-enter data. When it
>     Dale> happened to my file I was pretty sure it was the result of a
>     Dale> scheduled transaction.
>
> Since the transactions it is pointing at are 2--3 years old, reentry is
> definitely not an option.
>
> Manually fixing it is possible, but I don't know what is wrong---nothing
> obvious.  I'll search the archives, but if there is a howto someplace,
> I'd appreciate a pointer.

I don't know if there is a how-to, but here's how you do it:

1) !!!!!!! MAKE A COPY OF YOUR FILE!!!!!!!! (is that emphatic enough? :)

2) Here is what a proper transaction looks like:

<gnc:transaction version="2.0.0">
  <trn:id type="guid">06bbe4905639c3952a701dbffa994a25</trn:id>
  <trn:currency>
    <cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
    <cmdty:id>USD</cmdty:id>
  </trn:currency>
  <trn:num>7050</trn:num>
  <trn:date-posted>
    <ts:date>2005-02-09 21:00:00 -0800</ts:date>
  </trn:date-posted>
  <trn:date-entered>
    <ts:date>2005-02-10 19:38:47 -0800</ts:date>
  </trn:date-entered>

[truncated for obvious reasons]

3) the pertinent lines are <trn:currency> ...</trn:currency>. The snippet you sent is missing this and that is what causes the error about common currency.

4) using the GUID's that print on your terminal, edit the file for every instance of that GUID and confirm that there is a curreny block.  I can't remember if you also need to follow the GUID's of the <gnc:slot>s that are part of the transaction, but I don't think so.

5) this could surely be scripted someway, but I leave that to you.

> Yet it appears to me that the two problems are at least
> quasi-independent.  The corrupted transaction I showed in another
> message was not part of an SX, and the crash occurs when attempting to
> run the SX with the "notify me" checked.

So it doesn't crash if "notify me" is unchecked?