Capital gains

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 25 20:34:17 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

> For the record, the SVN code should auto-insert the $1509.88 split-pairs
> based on the purchase price of the lot used for this sale.  Note that
> I say "should"..   I've not played with this code and it's probably not
> well-tested.

I'm trying SVN12978 today.  It did not auto-insert extra splits for a
sell in a stock-type account.

I do hope "lots" isn't the only way this could work.  In Canada, we
calculate the gains based on the total purchase price of all the shares
- i.e. the average price paid when we sell only a portion.

Also, are the "lots" to be FIFO or LIFO?  Or configurable?

Does SVN intend to support things like a "return of capital"?

Mark