aqHBCI Wizard help file?

Don Levey gnucash at the-leveys.us
Fri Jan 27 15:12:34 EST 2006

Dave Reiser wrote:
> Don Levey wrote:

>> OK, so at the risk of displaying incompetence here:
>> I've downloaded the tarball which contains the XML data files.  How
>> do I access those files?  I wasn't able to find any instructions for
>> using them, apart from the Microsoft spec for how those files are
>> written (I'm not an XML jock, and am not able to knock out a quick
>> program to parse those files). -Don
>>

> Me either (the parser thing). Unpack the files and open the large bank
> info file in a text editor. Use the search function on your bank's
> name, and see if the result looks like the right match. Then use the
> <FID> number (I think that's the label) in your search match to
> locate the file in the folder that has all files named with numbers,
> open the numbered file that matches your previous find, and look for
> the ofxserver field. The grep hounds could do this much faster, but I
> like seeing more context than I get with (my level of) grep.
>
> Dave
> dbreiser at earthlink.net

I was able to do *most* of this:

cd fidata.utf-8	[Important - I can't make UTF-16 work]
grep -iC 5 banknorth *

This returned a couple of file references, including the one I want
(6081.xml) as referenced by <guid>.
Grepping in 6081.xml, though, gives no return for ofxserver at all.  In
fact, the closest I can get to ofx is <OFXHeaderVer>.  But I get the
following:

	<ProviderURL>https://secure.banknorth.com/scripts/serverext.dll</ProviderUR

Which I'll try later tonight when I can. From what I can see here, there
doesn't seem to be a bank code to enter.  I'll keep trying; once I can get
this working I'll try to write it up.
 -Don