Compiling 1.8.12 on debian

Martin Wolters martin at martinwolters.com
Sun Jan 8 18:44:33 EST 2006

(g-wrap gw standard)" which I think means that I am doing something
fundamentally wrong.

Hi,

in order to enable HBCI on debian I am trying to install aqbanking and gnucash
from scratch. I use the following build sequence:

./configure --disable-error-on-warning --enable-hbci --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--prefix=/usr --enable-debug
make
make install

(
 --disable-error-on-warning required due to multiple warnings a la:
     'XXX' differ in signedness
)

( BTW: How do I figure out which configure options the official debian package
used? Sorry, I am a Debian-Newbie )

When starting gnucash I get the following output:
~$ gnucash --debug
<unnamed port>: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error (quote
misc-error) #f ...):
<unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)

In the mailing list archive people talked about multiple guile-versions
causing similar things. But I don't see multiple versions on my system. Also
interesting: There is no /tmp/gnucash.trace output.

So I think I am doing something fundamentally (stupid) wrong. I used to have
the debian gnucash packages installed but removed them with -purge option. I
have a feeling that something with the guile setup is wrong. But I have no
clue how to debug. I also tried to play around with --load-path option but
didn't succeed.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance

-M