Compiling 1.8.12 on debian

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Mon Jan 9 17:21:27 EST 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:31:28 +0100
Martin Wolters <martin at martinwolters.com> wrote:

> (g-wrap gw standard)" which I think means that I am doing something
> fundamentally wrong.

FWIW, I know there were g-wrap/guile problems with the move to gcc 4. My recollection is that they would prevent the build, so this may not apply, however a search of the archives reveals Neil's list of versions:

You need:
guile-1.6      1.6.7-1.1
guile-1.6-dev  1.6.7-1.1
guile-1.6-libs 1.6.7-1.1
guile-1.6-slib 1.6.7-1.1
guile-common   1.4-26
g-wrap                    1.9.6-3
libgwrap-runtime0         1.9.6-3
libgwrap-runtime0-dev     1.9.6-3

additionally I think you need to --purge the other versions of quile and gwrap that might be floating around, especially libgwrap*. That said, you got it to build so I don't think this is your problem, but might help.