Importing KMyMoney2 Into 1.9.8

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 7 10:24:31 EDT 2006

Quoting Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:

> On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Could you provide a few sample Date (D...) and Value (T... and $...)
>> entries from your QIF file?
>
> derek,
>
>   Certainly:
>
> D4.1.2006
> CX T(28.52)

Are you sure there's no newline between the 'CX' and the 'T(...)' ?

> N5705
> PSprint
> LExpenses:Phone
> ^
> D4.1.2006
> CX T(27.91)

Same here..

> N5706
> PVerizon Northwest
> LExpenses:Phone
> ^
> D8.1.2006
> CX
> T(56.37)
> N5
> PWinCo Foods
> LExpenses:Groceries
> ^
>
>   Clue: Since we're not yet in August, I figured out how to check individual
> entries in KMM2 and discovered that the date format in their exported .qif
> is European style; that is, dd.mm.yyyy. So, the above are all entries from
> January of this year, not from April and August.

That's fine.  The parser deals with mm.dd.yyyy just fine, so no need to
adjust that.   HOWEVER, the parser DOES NOT deal with (xx.xx) as a negative
number!

>   I suppose I need to write an awk script to reverse the first two fields in
> lines beginning with 'D'?

No, but you will need to write a script to convert all ([0-9,.]*) to -...
Your other option is to play with the regular expressions in the qif parser
in src/import-export/qif-import/qif-parse.scm so it understands (...) as
a negative number.  Or figure out how to tell KMyMoney to use the negative
symbol instead of parens for negative numbers.