Importing KMyMoney2 Into 1.9.8

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 7 11:41:56 EDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Are you sure there's no newline between the 'CX' and the 'T(...)' ?

Derek,

   The examples were copied literally. That's the way they are in the .qif
file.

> That's fine. The parser deals with mm.dd.yyyy just fine, so no need to
> adjust that. HOWEVER, the parser DOES NOT deal with (xx.xx) as a negative
> number!

   A-ha!

> No, but you will need to write a script to convert all ([0-9,.]*) to -...
> Your other option is to play with the regular expressions in the qif
> parser in src/import-export/qif-import/qif-parse.scm so it understands
> (...) as a negative number.  Or figure out how to tell KMyMoney to use the
> negative symbol instead of parens for negative numbers.

   Interesting that there's no option in KMM2 for formatting negative
numbers/debits -- for expense accounts, for example. But, a quick regex
search and replace in a text editor cured that problem.

   The data imported. There's an error (or errors) somewhere as the balance
is off. But, over the weekend I'll match entries line-by-line with my paper
register and fix it up.

   Many thanks for the assistance. And now others will also know what's
required to move data from KMM2 to Gnucash via GIF export/import.

Rich