gnucash-user Digest, Vol 40, Issue 10

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jul 10 09:28:01 EDT 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 13:31, Andrew Greig wrote:

> I only have 5 suppliers, around 15 clients so nothing is too tedious
> yet.  Although it would be nice to have the suppliers in a drop down
> list in "New Bill" rather than having to move to another box to do the
> search.

Hi Andrew.

I use the A/P and A/R reports for more speedy input of new bill data.  It
works like this:

(all in 1.8.x - A/P.  Substitute for A/R as appropriate)

Run the Reports | Business Reports | Payable Ageing report.  ( I actually
leave this open at all times)

Click on the total balance for "Acme Inc" (this opens a report for all the
recent (this year?) transactions with "Acme Inc")

Click on any of the "Bill" links previously posted

That opens the bill up for you to view - then go File | New Invoice in the
bill window.

Presto.  saves lots of searching in the "customers" boxes...
Just one thing to note - the "Payment terms" box doesn't get auto filled for
you using this method.

Also, from the Invoice window, Tools | Process Payment is a friend of mine.  I
hope it is friendly to you too!

Cheers,
Maf,