Compiling Gnucash 2.0

Brian cabernet at webshield.net.au
Tue Jul 11 07:37:23 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 12:56:16AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>:
>
> >Chris didn't ask if you had glib2-devel installed.  He asked if you had
> >*all* the devel packages installed.  Please read the README.dependencies
> >file at the top level of the source tree.
> >
> >David
> >
> >P.S.  This time its gtk2-devel package you're missing, but this won't be
> >the last error you have unless you read the file I mentioned.
>
> Why isn't configure bombing out for missing dependencies like this?

Not sure, but Gnucash 2.0.0 is now going. Thanks for your input. At one
stage make could not find libosp. An earlier post on the list suggested
renaming this file when compiling. So I renamed libofx.la to libofx.la.bk.
This worked for me as well on this Suse system.

However I have a remaining issue. All of my gtk apps, Gnucash 2.0, Synaptic
and Gimp have a black background in their pull down menu's. When the cursor moves
across the list the text is just visible. I think it is related
to a bug in gtk2. I have googled on this a number of times without success.
If anyone can suggest a solution I would be grateful. Downgrading to an
earlier version is not possible now that Gnucash 2.0 is functioning. And I
cannot find any gtk2 upgrades for my system...

Brian