Configure problem--g-wrap

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jul 13 17:32:39 EDT 2006

I'm trying to install the new version of gnucash. I'm only at the
configuring stage.

I get the following output when I run configure:

checking for g-wrap-config... no
configure: WARNING: g-wrap-config failed
configure: error:

    g-wrap does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not new
enough.  Gnucash requires at least version 1.3.3 to build ...

I am using Fedora Core 3.

When I check my system for rpm packages, I'm told that
g-wrap-1.3.4-7.i386.rpm is installed, which seems to put an end to any
issue about "newness".

That leaves incorrect installation.

I have no idea how to check whether I've installed g-wrap correctly.
I've always assumed that if an RPM is shown as installed, that
necessarily implies installed correctly.

I'd be very grateful for advice as to what I should do next.

Thanks,

Leslie