Configure problem--g-wrap

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Jul 13 21:05:25 EDT 2006

At Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:32:39 +1000 Leslie Katz <lesliek at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> I'm trying to install the new version of gnucash. I'm only at the
> configuring stage.
>
> I get the following output when I run configure:
>
> checking for g-wrap-config... no
> configure: WARNING: g-wrap-config failed
> configure: error:
>
>     g-wrap does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not new
> enough.  Gnucash requires at least version 1.3.3 to build ...
>
> I am using Fedora Core 3.
>
> When I check my system for rpm packages, I'm told that
> g-wrap-1.3.4-7.i386.rpm is installed, which seems to put an end to any
> issue about "newness".
>
> That leaves incorrect installation.
>
> I have no idea how to check whether I've installed g-wrap correctly.
> I've always assumed that if an RPM is shown as installed, that
> necessarily implies installed correctly.

To *build* gnucash, you also need g-wrap-devel-1.3.4-7.i386.rpm installed.

> I'd be very grateful for advice as to what I should do next.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leslie

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk