problem selling stocks

Jeremy Harris jgh at wizmail.org
Sat Jul 15 12:32:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

    I seem to have managed to create a semi-phantom transaction.

With 1.8.12 running on Fedora Core 5, which I've been using
happily for some time, I started to feed in my stocks transactions,
following the methods in the help.

The transaction for selling a stock displays as I expect in both
the account for that named stock and in the General Ledger.
However, the display of *some* of the splits in their respective
accounts have blank values and do not affect the balances of those
accounts.

The stock named account is of type stock; all its parents are
type asset/placeholder.  An example of the non-displaying
account, the cash account for the transaction proceeds, is of
type bank and has the same immediate parent.  It has commodity
set to USD; my new-account and report default currencies are GBP.

Any clues as to how I managed to do this and/or how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

PS: just installed 2.0.0; it displays the same.