Display Order in Check Register

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 15 17:23:12 EDT 2006

   Running 2.0.0 here, and found a quirk in behavior that I cannot fix. I was
paying bills today, and the last two checks are out of sequence. I've not
seen this before. There are six checks entered with today's date, but the
check number sequence is:

 	5708
 	5709
 	5704
 	5705
 	5706
 	5707

   I've not seen Gnucash do this before. When I look at the sort order under
the View menu, I can select only one field for sorting, so I select date.
It would be nice to sub-select check number within each date, but that used
to be done automatically.

   Please explain why this happened and if there's a way to specify
sequential check numbers within the same date.

Rich