Fedora core5 installtion question

Jon Hamkins hamkins at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 18 22:48:21 EDT 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Josh Sled (jsled at asynchronous.org) said:

>>> Its already there.
>> I note that while he's not announced them -- maybe for good reason -- I
>> spy "fc5.i386.rpm"s at <http://people.redhat.com/notting/gnucash/>.
>
> That was thrown up there for someone to grab quickly...
>
> 'Official' FC5 RPMs are in the updates-testing repository for Fedora Core
> 5 - I'd love any feedback, as updating FC5 from 1.8 to 2.0 would be a
> fairly large change.

My comments are:

1.  Thank you!  Don't under-estimate the value of making the
RPM/binaries available.

2.  The RPM installed easily for me, and the binary runs fine (once I
installed Date::Manip).

3.  I can't get OFX directconnect to work with this RPM.  I was able to
enter most everything into the HBCI druid, which then crashed.  I'm not
sure of the reason-- there may be more than one.  I'm only at libofx
0.8.0, and I understand I need at least 0.8.1 is necessary?  The gnucash
2.0.0 RPM did not seem to require 0.8.1, however.  A yum update did not
find a libofx update-- is there a repository for libofx > 0.8.1, or do I
need to build from scratch?  Also, I'm using aqbanking-1.8.1beta-3.1--
is that OK?

      ---Jon