Gnucash crashes on invoice search

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 23 20:21:01 EDT 2006

Please remember to CC the list on all replies....

Quoting Cam Ellison <cam at ellisonet.ca>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> What's printed on the terminal?
>
> Terminal freezes, and then I get the announcement that it has
> crashed, and do I want to notify the developers, etc.

Eh?  You have your gnome-terminal where you type "gnucash &" and
it FREEZES?  Are you sure you don't have a hardware problem?  Or are
you confused about what I meant by "terminal"?

>> What's the last few lines of /tmp/gnucash.trace?
>
> Report specified id of 15 is already is use. Using generated id.
> gnc_plugin_page_report_name_changed: assertion `count++ <= max_count' failed
> Error: gnc_http_cancel_requests(): ***Warning*** Find a gnome2
> replacement for ghttp  *******
> gnc_plugin_page_report_name_changed: assertion `count++ <= max_count' failed
> gnc_plugin_page_report_name_changed: assertion `count++ <= max_count' failed
> Error: gnc_http_cancel_requests(): ***Warning*** Find a gnome2
> replacement for ghttp  *******
> gnc_plugin_page_report_name_changed: assertion `count++ <= max_count' failed
> gnc_plugin_page_report_name_changed: assertion `count++ <= max_count' failed
> Error: gnc_http_cancel_requests(): ***Warning*** Find a gnome2
> replacement for ghttp  *******
> gnc_plugin_page_report_name_changed: assertion `count++ <= max_count' failed
> gnc_search_param_prepend: assertion `param' failed
>
> Most of these seem to refer to lading of reports - I have quite a few
> that I leave up.

That should be fine.

>> Does it happen when it's loading up the invoice search?  Or after
>> the search is open and you're trying to fill in your query?
>
> The latter.  It pops up the request box, I put in the invoice number,
> and click "Find", and that's it.  The crash notice pops up within 5
> seconds.

I just tried this and it works fine for me.  I did <Menu> -> Business ->
Customer -> Find Invoice and then I entered an InvoiceID# and clicked
find and it worked just fine for me.  So, unless you're not telling me
everything you're doing I suggest you file this as a bug with Debian.