Gnucash Account Names

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Fri Jun 2 16:20:01 EDT 2006

I'm using Gnucash 1.8.12 on a number of machines running Suse 9.3 and 10.0

I use it for both work accounts and home accounts, and I need to be able to
switch from one account to another.

It appears that every time I use gnucash it generates files with added
extensions denoting date and time as well as .log and .xac , making it
confusing about which file I'm actually using. How many of these files will
it generate - one for every time I open gnucash? Is there any way to get it
to just overwrite the last file and not keep changing the name?

(I also need to be able to take the file to work and copy it to my work
computer, so I'd prefer just to deal with one file with the same name every
time.)
Robert Smits  Email bob at rsmits.ca
There is *no* idiotproof filter. Idiots are proof against anything! - Richard
Chycoski, VE7CVS