Gnucash Account Names

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 2 16:33:26 EDT 2006

Please see the FAQ.
These are log files and backup files, so you don't lose data.
Yes, they are created every time you enter new data.

GnuCash is supposed to delete them after a set period of days,
which you can set in you options.

You should always open the non-dated file.
Just use File -> Open Recent and you can switch back and forth.

-derek