Automatic Bank Import

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 13 01:22:00 EDT 2006

On Jun 13, 2006, at 12:58 AM, Chris Spencer wrote:

> David Reiser wrote:
>> [snip
>
> Interesting. Can you recommend a good bank that supports OFX? I've not
> been too happy with PNC in general, so I'd be willing to switch to
> another bank if it means accessing my account from Gnucash.
>
> Chris

Hmm. 'good' and 'bank' that close together in a sentence? Hard to
imagine. I know that Wachovia at least has their name on the web
address of the ofx server, but then they charge their own customers
$2 if they use another bank's atm. Yech.

There are some credit unions that are big enough to have ofx
capability, and membership these days sometimes only requires an
extremely loose affiliation to the original founding organization.

Unfortunately, I don't think any financial institution will agree
that you can use a non-sanctioned program to access your own bank
data, you end up having to test them yourself.

Since I have yet to connect to a savings or checking account via
gnucash, I cannot authoritatively tell you who should get your business.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net