Missing Help

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Wed Jun 14 10:27:43 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 10:18 -0500, Tom Cada wrote:

> I didn't specify a prefix at the first compile so I think it used the default
> of /usr/local.

gnucash and gnucash-docs must be installed into the same prefix.  If
you're using gnucash 1.9.x, then you'll also need the 1.9.x version of
the gnucash-docs package.

> I checked and I have yelp installed but have no knowledge  of how to configure
> it. Do I have to edit one of the configuration files or run a program to set
> the pointers? What are the files that compose the Help system. Perhaps I have
> inadvertantly placed them in the wrong spot.

There is no configuration.  Gnucash calls a library routine with the
name of the help file it wants to open, and that routine determines
which directories to search based on the application name.  If you look
in the file /tmp/gnucash.trace you'll find an error message telling you
where gnucash looked for the help file.

David