Discover Card Import

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Sun Jun 18 20:55:58 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 06:07:18PM -0400, David Reiser wrote:
> >Has anyone had any luck importing Discover Card data lately? I
> >tried the script at http://www.jongsma.org/gc/scripts/ofx.py but it fails
> >without explanation.
> No, and someone I tried to help with this several months back seemed
> to run into a brick wall as well.
> The address of the Discover Card ofx server is still listed the same
> this year as last (based on the MS database for Money).
> The Discover Card site says you have to register before you can
> retrieve transactions:
> http://www.discovercard.com/discover/data/faq/
> statements.shtml#downloadmsmoney
> Have you registered for online access via either Money or Quicken?

I've registered with Discover Card generally and can access my account
from the web interface; but I haven't registered with Money or Quicken
(as I don't have either program). It's not clear to me from that FAQ
where there is any magic that occurs when you first connect from Money or
Quicken...

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:23:23PM -0400, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> And you run the script:
> ofx.py discover fullacct# fullacct#
> When I do that, I get prompted for my password and the data file comes right
> down.

So my question is whether you first registered with Money or Quicken, or
if this just works for you? Also, did you intentionally put fullacct#
twice in your example, or is it supposed to be your username first?

Adam