Discover Card Import

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 19 00:15:02 EDT 2006

On Jun 18, 2006, at 8:59 PM, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:

>>> I doubt it.
>> I stand corrected thanks to Bryan Phinney. I suspect that having to
>> enter the account number twice for ofx.py was the kicker.
>
> Actually, my last reply wasn't quite clear (and took your responses
> out
> of order): I've tried ofx.py with the account number twice, and all
> I get
> is a file that says 'Client application or version is not supported by
> this server.' (and some other error verbiage)

Ah. That reminds me that I may have tweaked my ofx.py (but remember
that I don't have a DiscoverCard, so I'm guessing).

In ofx.py about 20 lines after the last site listing, there are a
three lines, which in my copy say:

         if not config.has_key("appid"):
             config["appid"] = "Money"
             config["appver"] = "0900"

IIRC, I had to raise the appver number to get past an error something
like the one you're getting.

If you raise the appver and still have problems, I'll dig out the
current appid and appver that match a recent Quicken.

>> Now I'm relatively certain that gnucash1.9/Aqbanking/ofxdirectconnect
>> will work with DiscoverCard ofx access.
>
> Is this functionality exposed in 1.9.6? Do I need extra packages
> for it?
> Or can you point me to an FAQ or doc page if I'm just totally
> clueless?

You need Gwenhywfar,  Aqbanking, and libofx >=0.8.1 installed, and --
enable-hbci --enable-ofx as part of the gnucash configure. The libofx
requirement means, at the moment, that you have to compile libofx
from CVS. Their most recent tarball is almost a year old, and will
not work properly with ofxdirectconnect.

There certainly isn't complete documentation of this anywhere. I've
been meaning to work on that as my contribution in thanks to Martin
Preuss and Christian Stimming for their work in getting the code
working. I'm not sure I'll finish it by the time gnucash 2.0 is
released, but in a couple days I'll really hit summer (meaning the
university isn't paying me, so I have more time freedom...) and I'll
be able to work on it.

> Adam

Dave
--