More on gnucash on Intel Mac

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 19 00:31:12 EDT 2006

On Jun 17, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Kevin Foss wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2006, at 5:14 PM, David Hampton wrote:
>> On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 16:59 -0400, Kevin Foss wrote:
>>> Let us know if you get it working.  I have gotten 1.9.x to compile
>>> just fine for Mac OS X/Intel, but it always crashes when I actually
>>> open a register -- usually a problem with gnomecanvas.  Admittedly I
>>> haven't tried since fink 8.1 was released for intel a couple days
>>> ago.
>>
>> Please let us know the results when/if you update and try again.
>
> Tried it again as I had started working on this once I realized a new
> fink had been released -- removed any installations of gnucash,
> updated everything with fink and tried a fresh tarball of 1.9.7.
>
> Compiles fine (when I export the proper environment settings
> according to the wiki) -- starts up fine.  But when I open an account
> register it crashes.  I can provide the complete CrashReporter dump
> if it would be useful, but basically it trips a EXC_BAD_ACCESS
> exception with the code KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE when it calls
> uta_union_clip() in libgnomecanvas-2.0.dylib
>
> I would guess it is a problem specific to the gnomecanvas library (or
> one of the other libraries) on Intel Macs, but I don't really know
> how to isolate the bug to report it.

Fink-users at lists.sourceforge.net might be a good place to ask.
There's also fink-gnome-core, but the people likely to respond are
reading -users anyway. If it's really all upstream, they'll tell you.
But I'm guessing they haven't had a whole lot of people testing Intel
Macs with all the gnome components. They might recognize a pattern
that they've already patched somewhere else in gnome on fink.

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net