gnucash-user Digest, Vol 39, Issue 25

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 14:38:27 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 11:12 -0600, David Van Maren wrote:
> Sorry if someone's already asked this question, but I could not find any
> information on this anywhere I looked.
> Is it possible to have both gnucash-1.8.2 and gnucash-1.9.8 installed
> using apt?
>
> I'm running Dapper with gnucash-1.8.2-6ubuntu3.  I'd like to test out
> 1.9.8 using Synaptic/Aptitude/Apt.  If I follow the above directions,
> won't it break my current gnucash install?

I assume you mean you are using 1.8.12, which is what is currently in
the Dapper repository.

Installing 1.9.8 will overwrite 1.8.12 - AFAIK they can't coexist.
However - I wouldn't have any worries about using 1.9.8 - it seems more
stable to me. I get no annoying crashes with scheduled transactions or
graphs.

As I said in the previous post, I had to give Synaptic/apt/aptitude a
helping hand, but it wasn't hard and I was given good advice here.

Jeff