gnucash-user Digest, Vol 39, Issue 25

David Van Maren list at vanmaren.us
Thu Jun 22 13:12:06 EDT 2006

>I just wanted to point out that this has made it to Debian Sid and I was
>able to install it to my Dapper box via Synaptic - but had to use
>(thanks to Liz again):
>
>sudo dpkg --force-overwrite
>--install /var/cache/apt/archives/gnucash-common_1.9.8-1_all.deb
>
>and
>
>sudo dpkg --force-overwrite
>--install /var/cache/apt/archives/gnucash_1.9.8-1_i386.deb

Sorry if someone's already asked this question, but I could not find any
information on this anywhere I looked.
Is it possible to have both gnucash-1.8.2 and gnucash-1.9.8 installed
using apt?

I'm running Dapper with gnucash-1.8.2-6ubuntu3.  I'd like to test out
1.9.8 using Synaptic/Aptitude/Apt.  If I follow the above directions,
won't it break my current gnucash install?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DVM