creditcard reconciliation impossible

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Fri Jun 23 01:04:15 EDT 2006

Dear Guus,

All you have to do is create a dedicated "credit card" account (type:
credit card) for each and every credit card you have, then you can there
enter your credit card payments (and tick them off when your statement
arrives) and separately you make a monthly payment from your bank
account to your credit card account.

So you get the following tree:
+-+ Assets (type: assets)
| +- Bank (type: bank)
| +- Credit card (type: credit card)
+- Expenses

Book credit card expenses in the credit card account against your
expenses account, and then the monthly payment from bank to credit card
account.

I'm sure it's also explained in the documentation by the way.

Wouter.