creditcard reconciliation impossible

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 23 01:18:35 EDT 2006

Wouter van Marle wrote:
> Dear Guus,
>
> All you have to do is create a dedicated "credit card" account (type:
> credit card) for each and every credit card you have, then you can there
> enter your credit card payments (and tick them off when your statement
> arrives) and separately you make a monthly payment from your bank
> account to your credit card account.
>
> So you get the following tree:
> +-+ Assets (type: assets)
> | +- Bank (type: bank)
> | +- Credit card (type: credit card)
> +- Expenses
>
> Book credit card expenses in the credit card account against your
> expenses account, and then the monthly payment from bank to credit card
> account.

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for the answer. However, the booking of credit card against
expenses and payment from checking account to credit card account is
*not* the problem.

What *is* the problem is reconciliation. GNUCash insists on an imbalance
because the creditcard statement is always a week before the
bankstatement (payment) so that in the meantime another payment has been
issued.

> I'm sure it's also explained in the documentation by the way.
>
> Wouter.

As I said, booking is not the problem. What I described is I could not
find in the documentation (I checked).

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,