problem configure gnucash with slackware..

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 23 15:56:39 EDT 2006

You don't mention whether it is gnucash 1.8.x or 1.9.8 you are trying to
build.

Looking back, on 9 April 2006, I posted instructions for how I got one
of the gnucash g2 versions to compile and work on Slackware 10.2.   The
subject line was "g2 on Slackware 10.2 notes".  That should be enough to
find it in the archives.  Hopefully, it still builds the same in 1.9.8.

The most obvious problem is that Slackware 10.2 no longer includes any
version of gnome.  Easily overcome for gnome 2.  (I simply installed the
gnome series from Slackware 10.0; haven't had any troubles, but see my
post in the archives as I did have to upgrade a few packages.)

If you are trying to build gnucash 1.8.x, Slackware hasn't included
gnome1 for some time.  You can find instructions for Slackware 9.0/9.1 at:
http://rjmarq.org/gnucash.html
I found these instructions to be still useful for getting 1.8.x working
on Slackware 10.0.  They'll likely help on Slackware 10.2.  I recall
having gotten gnucash 1.8.x to work on 10.2, though I no longer have it
installed there.  (I use 1.8.12 on Slackware 10.0 as my "production"
gnucash system, and 1.9.8 on Slackware 10.2 for testing.)

Have faith.  1.8.x and 1.9.8 can be made to work on Slackware 10.2.

Josh, Slackware does not have -devel packages.  Files needed for
development are included in the regular packages.

Regards,
Mark