Loan Payments

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Mar 2 17:45:04 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 11:16 -0600, David Berg wrote:
> That is what I'm asking.  I've never found any documentation for what
> the various arguments to the ppmt and ipmt functions are.  I know that
> I could just go through and read the source but I'd rather not have to
> if somebody already knows what they are.  Its looking more and more
> like that is the easiest way to go though.

The functions are copies of the gnumeric ones, so the gnumeric docs are
sufficient; their source is actually relatively readable ... locate
fin.scm in the package.   I've a low-prio todo item to add a SX/loan
section to the gnucash-docs, where these 3 functions could be described.
There's no reason someone else (*nudge*nudge* *hint*hint* :) couldn't
write that documentation.

[If/when we get an expression editor, I'd hope it has a way to display
the signature of the function as it's being edited.]

--
...jsled