sorting account Register on Transfer/account column

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 16 08:59:41 EST 2006

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at farwestbilliards.com> writes:

>> For a  logical display of general ledger I would be seeking
>>
>>   Primary sort by: 2 indexes merged
>>   Debit account name MERGED With Credit Account Name
>>
>>   Secondary sort by:  Date
>>
>>      Note that this merged dual index has regions with "AN" account name which
>> knows "Self" and can distinquish "Other"
>>    If that is true than it would be interesting to have the ability to display
>> the General ledger as either Double entry or "Other" (only based upon the known
>> merged index)
>
> this is fairly clear, and if its functionality you want to see in gnucash and can't do it yourself, then as I suggested, file a feature request so it doesn't get lost. Maybe someday, you'll see it...
>

>> If this has been coherent, thanks for steering my words
>
> your welcome.

And what would you want to happen for MulitSplit Transactions?
This "sort by 'Other' account" could work for regular, two-Split,
basic transactions, but as soon as you get a transaction with >2
splits, I'm unclear what you think should happen.