Download quotes

Ryan Claycamp bish282-gnucash at alias.hotpop.com
Fri Mar 17 11:38:26 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 at 0952 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
>On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 09:30 -0500, Ryan Claycamp wrote:
>> Some recent talk about quote modules got me to thinking about writing
>> my own for the Thrift Savings Plan.  Much to my pleasure, I discover
>> that one already exists and it is part of the package that I currently
>> have installed.  I'm able to run dump-finance-quote and it perfectly
>> grabs the right information.  I went to set things up in GnuCash and
>> it is not an option for a source of price quotes.  How can I add the
>> TSP module to the list of price quote sources?
>
>You can either a) wait for gnucash 2.0, or b) you can find the installed
>TSP.pm file from Finance::Quote and substitute that file for one that
>gnucash knows about.  E.G. replace ZI.pm with TSP.pm and then tell
>gnucash to use the Zuerich Investments quote source.  Choice (a) is
>easiest.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I tried plan (b) and it complained that
Finance::Quote was not installed properly.  It's more than I want to
mess with now, so I will go with plan (a) and continue to input quotes
manually.

Thanks,
Ryan
--
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing
weapons of mass destruction."  Senator Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.