out-of-balance

Todd W. ttop123 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 15:44:59 EST 2006

My accounts are out-of-balance and I'm having a hard time determining
why.

For the sake of discretion, I'm just showing these amounts to the
thousands.

The balance sheet shows that on 4 Jan 2006 my assets are 3476.45, and
my liabilities + equity are 3476.45.
But on 5 Jan 2006, they are out-of-balance!  assets are 2301.22 and
my liabilities + equity is 2262.82!

So seemingly on 5 Jan 2006, I got out-of-balance by 38.40.  But I
can't determine where or how.  I looked at the general ledger, but
all of the transactions on and around 5 Jan 2006 are balanced.

Is there some other place I should be looking to figure out where I
went wrong?  Or do you have some other advice?  I suppose it could be
a bug, but I really don't know.