out-of-balance

Todd W. ttop123 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 16:16:45 EST 2006

I have an Income:Capital Gain:Taxable:Short-term for 7.02 and a
balancing 7.02 to the Assets:Investments:...:FundName.

But I'll admit that stock sales confuse me in GnuCash... when I
follow the guide's instructions for entering the split transaction in
the account's register, once I "Enter" that transaction, it seems to
result in two entries in an account's register.      Both entries
seem to contain the same split detail, but when collapsed, one entry
shows the Buy for $7.02 and the other shows the Sell for the number
of shares and the price.  This is confusing to me - is this correct
behavior?