Difference between Account and All Accounts in search

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Sat Mar 18 03:05:56 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:09:08 -0500
Ben Pracht <bpracht at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> What was the intended difference between Account and All Accounts in the
> criterion for search for transactions menu?  It's a little hard for me
> to figure out because it doesn't seem to work for me.

Account will match any transaction that contains any one of the accounts selected.

All Accounts will match any transaction that contains ALL of the accounts selected.

So if you use Account and select checking and income:salary, you will get all checking account tnx and all income:salary txn.

But if you use All Accounts with the same selections, you will only get those tnx that are both checking AND income:salary.