Archive of this newsgroup?

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 24 16:18:28 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Do you not even read the messages that come into your mailbox?
> In particular the footer of EVERY FRICKIN MESSAGE!
> See here....
>
> Quoting Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8 at verizon.net>:

As a matter of fact, I have seen that line, but in other mailing lists it
deals only with administrative matters (resigning from the list, changing
e-mail address, etc.) so it never occurred to me that there would be a link
to an index of an archive there.

>> I have the impression I have seen a reference to an archive of this
>> newsgroup. It seems to me I have a question that has already been
>> answered,
>> and wished to look it up instead of asking again.
>>
>> Is there such an archive? If so, where? .. and how is it searched?
> [snip]
>                     /
> This line here------+

So I went there and tried to find if my question is a misunderstanding of
mine or a bug in GnuCash gnucash-1.8.8-0.9. However, several searches found
nothing related to this. Mostly they were concerned with updating prices online.

I have three stock brokerage accounts (all with the same broker, but that
probably does not matter). These are of type "bank". Under each such account
is a sub-account, one for each stock. These are of type "stock". I have
created a sub account for, say, BRK.B in all three brokerage accounts, and I
can enter transactions in one of them, and everything comes out OK, and the
balance sheet is OK, too.

But if I enter transactions for the same stock in one of the other accounts,
it gets the prices correct in the stock account itself, but it is wrong in
the balance sheet and the balance sheet is wrong, too (not balanced).

I am trying to upgrade to a newer version of gnucash,
gnucash-1.8.12-0.rhel3.i386.rpm, and have downloaded almost all the
necessary other RPMs

$ rpm -ivh --test *
warning: aqbanking-1.0.4beta-0.rhel3.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
ID db2f3c83
error: Failed dependencies:
        libcapplet0 = 1.4.0.1 is needed by libcapplet0-devel-1.4.0.1-11

This is strange because I have these and they are part of

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libcapplet.so.0.0.0
libcapplet0-1.4.0.1-11

/usr/lib/libcapplet.so.0
/usr/lib/libcapplet.so.0.0.0

Maybe I can put in a symlink called libcapplet0 up there, but if this is a
misunderstanding of mine and not a bug, I will not bother upgrading gnucash
at all.

 ^^-^^ 16:00:01 up 8 days, 17:12, 4 users, load average: 4.32, 4.32, 4.32