Exchange rates in the "account summary"

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Tue May 2 05:16:13 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've an issue with the account summary: the exchange rates are
incorrect. In my account tree I've a few foreign currency accounts, and
while they get calculated generally correctly in my base (HKD) currency
in this tree, it goes wrong for the "account summary" report.

The exchange rates used there:
          Exchange rates
                            EUR 1.00
                          HK$9.50005
                            TWD 1.00
                          HK$0.64462
                            USD 1.00
                          HK$1.28325

The EUR rate is correct.
The USD rate however should be HK$ 7.759 / USD 1. I have entered so in
the price editor, I don't know where the 1.28325 comes from as I've
never given this.
Same for the TWD: the correct rate is TWD 1.0 / HKD 0.24, I have entered
so when entering TWD amounts.

This is in GnuCash 1.8.11.

Wouter.