What happens to deleted asssets info?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 1 10:16:31 EST 2006

JUNIPER <snijuniper at comcast.net> writes:

> I take it, then, that deleting an asset would make a mess and shouldn't
> be done.
> I am unable to locate "hide accounts". I've combed the possibilities,
> including all of the edit/preferences options, which seems the most
> likely. No sign of it. Could it be that it is not in 1.8.11?

Oh, yeah, this isn't in 1.8.  It's a 2.0 feature.  Sorry, I just
assume that everyone has updated to 2.0 at this point.

> Speaking of "preferences," I had "days to retain log files" set at 5 on
> August 8th and subsequently changed it to zero. All of the log files
> have apparently been retained since that date. It looks like manual
> deletion is the only option.

0 means "don't delete", so gnucash is doing what you told it to do.

> While I'm on a roll here... When I hit "reports" and move to "custom
> reports," nothing happens. A feature added in later version?

No, it means you haven't saved any reports.  Just remember that
you MUST manually change the report name before you save it or gnucash
will crash the next time you start.