Expense Reports

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sat Nov 4 02:58:28 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 18:10, David T. wrote:
> I am wondering whether there is a report that allows me to show account
> totals for a given time period, or whether anyone has created their own
> report that does this. I have looked at the various reports available in
> the system, but don't see this sort of report. The closest I see is the
> Account Summary, but that doesn't allow me to set a time frame, which would
> make it possible for me to figure out whether my expenses are changing over
> time, and how.
>
> I am not a Scheme programmer (schemer?), so I think creating my own report
> is out of the question, so I'd welcome some suggestions.

When you look at the report, you need to expand the window. Further to the
right on the menubar is an icon "Options". A submenu of Options allows you to
change the dates.

--
Note that if I can get you to "su and say" something just by asking,
you have a very serious security problem on your system and you should

--
Proof techniques #1: Proof by Induction.

This technique is used on equations with "_n" in them.  Induction
techniques are very popular, even the military used them.

SAMPLE: Proof of induction without proof of induction.

	We know it's true for _n equal to 1.  Now assume that it's true
for every natural number less than _n.  _N is arbitrary, so we can take _n
as large as we want.  If _n is sufficiently large, the case of _n+1 is
trivially equivalent, so the only important _n are _n less than _n.  We
can take _n = _n (from above), so it's true for _n+1 because it's just
about _n.
	QED.	(QED translates from the Latin as "So what?")