size of stock price editor

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 19:05:27 EST 2006

2006/11/4, Philippe A. <futhark77 at gmail.com>:

> Imagine that you maximize a window. The top, bottom and left sides are
> aligned on the screen edge. The right side extends past the right side of
> the screen. This is what I see when I open the stock price editor. I can
> resize that window vertically, not horizontally.
>
> I have been using the pref to save windows position and size. It does not
> help to deactivate it.
>
> Has anyonen got the same behavior?

The register editor dialog has a behavior reminding me what I have in the
stock price editor. Try the following:

- Select any account.
- Bring up its editor with CTRL+E.
- Punch random keys on your keyboard for a while. You will see the dialog
grow horizontally slightly.
- Try resizing the dialog horizontally. You will be able to increase its
size, but not to reduce it. After increasing the dialog size horizontally,
you won't be able to reduce it until you clear the notes field.

This little finding raised an hypothesis: the stock price editor size is
affected by the data it contains. I cleared all quotes from the editor as a
test but that didn't help.

But then I noticed something else. In the stock price editor I have 8
headers:
- the 6 normal headers
- one empty header thats fairly large
- the header with the arrow for selecting what info to display

If I could resize or get rid of that empty header, all would be fine. Where
is window size/position info saved? When using another user account, I still
see that empty header but it does not have a fixed size.