Display Acts Up During Printing Reports

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 9 13:14:00 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 07:15:49AM -0800, Robert Smits wrote:
> I've recently started using Gnucash 2.02 built from r14936 on 2006-10-11. (I
> had been using 1.8). I've noticed some strange behaviour when printing
> reports.
>
> When the Gnucash window is maximized and I generate a report - the balance
> sheet, for example, everything looks normal until I tell Gnucash to print the
> report. Then the screen "tears apart" in the approximate middle and splits
> the words on the screen into two sections. This does not affect the printed
> report, which comes out fine.

I can confirm that this happens on gnucash 2.0.2 on debian. also that
it did happen on 1.8.12 as well.

This does not happen if I just drag the screen
> to full size without using the maximize button. In addition, when I try to
> print bar charts, they look fine on the screen, but prints come out blank.

I have not corrolated (sp?) this with the maximize button, but I
always run 2.0.2 maximised, so maybe that's true.

maybe a bug report is in order? its pretty low priority in my opinion,
but a record would be good...